Friends’ Goals for 2018:
Our goals for 2018 include continuing the many projects we currently have in place, including:
- Planning and conducting 3 major events, Wildlife Safari, Fall Wildflower Festival and Owl-o-Ween.
- Running our all-volunteer Nature Store.
- Maintaining ongoing art exhibits in our Gallery.
- Reconfiguring the 8-mile Wilderness Trail to make it people-friendly.
- Establishing our own apiary and forming a Brooker Beekeeping Club.
- Advocating for continued and increased land management practices in the Preserve.
- Providing help in habitat restoration near the Preserve’s entrance area
- Increasing membership.
- Supporting the staff, volunteers and programs of Brooker Creek Preserve.
New goals for 2018 include:
- Investigating sources for larger grants and funding.
- Establishing a donor wall in the Education Center.
- Reducing the Earth’s microplastic problem by ceasing to sell bottled water in the Nature Store and, instead, selling only hardy, reusable water bottles and establishing water bottle filling stations both inside the Education Center and in the Classroom Building. http://sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/flagler/marine-and-coastal/microplastics/