We are a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) citizen-based organization. Our mission is to provide public support for the Preserve through fund raising, volunteer programs, and education to ensure that the Preserve remains a natural wilderness for future generations.
Come see this male pileated woodpecker excavate a new cavity just a few feet off the Ed Center trail where the trail crosses the swamp. You will recognize the site by all the wood shavings he has tossed to the ground below!
Photo by Ric
Brooker Creek Preserve Hiking Trails
Open 7 days per week, 7:00 am to one hour before sunset
Closed Dec. 25 and the day after Thanksgiving
Environmental Education Center & Nature Store
Open Thursday – Saturday
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed during all county holidays
Friends’ Goals for 2013:
- Reconfigure the 8-mile Wilderness Trail to make it people-friendly
- Work to help county conduct more controlled burns within the Preserve
- Work to get the Pinellas Trail extended to the entrance of Brooker Creek Preserve
- Hasten the restoration of the Preserve entry area
- Plan and conduct two events, Wildlife Safari & Fall Wildflower Festival
- Run the Nature Store
- Fundraise, fundraise, fundraise!
- Increase membership
- Support the staff and volunteers of Brooker Creek Preserve
Many thanks to Friends’ member, Cathy Ordiway, for creating and updating our website!
Summer Solstice Boat Ride
Current Newsletter (PDF format)
Thank You to our sponsors
For information about volunteering in the Education Center and Nature Store,
For information about volunteering outdoors in the preserve, click here
For Schools and Youth Groups: Field Trip information
Field Trip Information for Adults
If you would like to provide comments to the county commissioners,
Learn more about
the Brooker Creek watershed